Leader of Learning in Science
MPR/UPR plus TLR 1b (£9,474 pa)
Required for 1 September 2018, a dynamic classroom practitioner with the ability to lead a highly successful departmental team and to play a key leadership role in the school. This is a full-time permanent post. The Becket School is a heavily over-subscribed and highly successful Catholic Voluntary Academy, part of South Nottingham Catholic Academy Trust with a 6th Form of over 270 students. Science is a high achieving and very popular department with a large number of A level students
• possess QTS
• be a committed and motivated classroom teacher with a proven track record of achieving excellent results
• possess the ability to inspire and lead others
• be able to teach Science in at least one subject specialism to A level.
We can offer:
• wonderful students who have a passion for learning and deserve the very best
• an outstanding team of talented and highly committed Science teachers
• a supportive working environment with excellent facilities
• a commitment to outstanding CPD opportunities for all staff through our position as a lead school in the Trust’s Teaching School Alliance
• a post which is ideal for someone aspiring to senior leadership as we offer regular short term secondments to the SLT for those wishing to develop their whole school experience
We are a welcoming and inclusive school and are happy to accept applications from those of all faiths and none who are supportive of the school’s Catholic character and Christian ethos.
For an application pack please see the links below or email Mrs Di Maxwell, Trust HR Leader, at the school, email@example.com
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed – to arrange an appointment please contact Mrs Karen Rich, PA to the Headteacher. Tel: 0115 982 4280 Ext 4306
Closing date: Monday 26 February 2018 (12 noon)
The Trust is committed to safe recruitment and the post will be subject to an enhanced DBS check
Teaching Assistant (Level 3)
32.5 hours per week, term time only
NJC Grade 4 SCP 19-23 pro rata. Actual starting salary SCP 19 £13,869pa
Required immediately, an experienced Teaching Assistant for The Becket School. Although you will be required to work across the school, this role will specifically involve planning, preparing, delivering and monitoring intervention strategies in Maths to small, targeted groups of students especially, but not exclusively, those eligible for Pupil Premium. Working within our successful inclusion department and reporting to the Pupil Premium Champion and Leader of Learning in Mathematics, your duties will also include providing classroom support and building successful relationships with the students encouraging independent learning.
You will be enthusiastic, committed to making a difference and have an excellent understanding of Maths (with GCSE Grade B/Level 6 or above).
Please see link below for an application pack, or email Di Maxwell, HR Leader, firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephoning the school. Please note CVs will only be accepted when accompanied by a completed application form.
Closing date: Monday 26 February 2018 (9am)
South Nottingham Catholic Academy Trust is committed to Safeguarding. The successful applicant will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Appn Pack TA Level 3 Feb18
Notes to Applicants
Our Lady of Lourdes – CEO Welcome and Information
Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974-Disclosure Form
Recruitment Monitoring FormSupport Staff Application Form
Model contract SCHOOL-SUPPORT STAFF