Introduction to our Careers programme
It is the vision of the school that all students should aim to ‘Work hard, be kind and do the right thing’ in all aspects of their education and become the most employable young people by the time they leave school.
We recognise that guidance should be provided that is in the best interests of the young person, is presented in an impartial manner and that good careers guidance is distinctive to the needs of individual students.
Careers Knowledge Books
Our aims are:
- To provide a range of activities that inspire young people
- To enable students to develop knowledge and understanding of themselves as individuals – their strengths and limitations, abilities, personal qualities, potential, needs, attitudes, values
- To raise aspirations and increase awareness of the world in which students live and the wide range of education, training, employment and other career opportunities that are available. This will include awareness that gender should not limit career choices.
- To build strong links with employers and employees who can help to boost young people’s attitudes and employability skills and inform them about the range of roles and opportunities
- To enable students to make informed choices about their own continuing progression and development in education or employment.
- To enable students to cope with change and manage effectively the transition from school to continuing education, working and adult life.