“I have come in order that you might have life – life in all it’s fulness. John 10:10”
Mr D Marlow ~ Leader of Learning
Subject Leader: Mr D Marlow
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
What Specification (syllabus) is being taught?
OCR – Physical Education
What are the key topics and themes? When will they be taught?
Three practical activities and one written controlled assessment over the course – coursework/ controlled assessment units – 40%
Two written examinations in the summer (Year 11) J587/01 and J587/02 (60%)
How will my son or daughter be assessed?
When do these assessments take place?
Staff have assessed practical activities and controlled assessment by March (Year 11)
● J587/01 – Physical factors affecting performance. 1 hour written examination.
● J587/02– Social Cultural Issues and Sports Psychology. 1 hour written examination.
● All specification content completed by March (Year 11).
What can my son or daughter do to support their learning at home?
What materials are provided or available online?
● Attend coursework sessions to complete coursework due March Year 11
● Attend revision sessions as per timetable
● Attend Easter holiday revision session with PE Department staff
● Use The Becket PE Revision Booklets and The Becket KS4 Knowledge Organisers. These will be accessible via the Year 11 PE Google Classroom.
Past papers can be found at: OCR Mark schemes are also found on this link and can help to see what examiners expect in answers or to mark a paper students have completed.
Many revision sites try to cover several examination boards. Students need to be aware of this when revising and if in doubt check with the teacher/ specification that they have.