This school continues to be good
Ofsted inspectors visited our school on the 21st and 22nd of September 2022 and I am pleased to present to you the inspectors report. The school was inspected under the new Ofsted framework which sets out challenging criteria for both good and outstanding judgements. I am pleased to report that overall our school was judged as ‘good ’ with some areas judged as ‘ outstanding ’.
Through the two days of the inspection our students and staff were brilliant – speaking with pride and enthusiasm about our school and all the things we do to create a flourishing community. You will see from the report that across many key areas our school provides an outstanding Catholic education for all students.
• Leadership and management is graded as outstanding
• Our post 16 provision is graded as outstanding
• The school’s personal development programme is also graded as outstanding
• Students feel part of a strong , caring family
• Our Catholic ethos is appreciated and distinctive
• School is orderly and calm with courteous students
• The Becket Way promotes positive behaviour
• Our culture of developing reading is very positive
• Our Curriculum is ambitious for all learners and enables students to achieve very well
• Teacher expertise , training and support are all praised
• Our charity work is very impressive
• Collective worship and transition work into school are seen as real strengths
• Staff are supported with high quality training and they are proud to work at The Becket School
• Student support with safeguarding and mental health is also commended as a strength of our school
It is really positive that inspectors recognised and praised all the work we do to support our students – both inside and outside the classroom and our staff are immensely proud of this report.
Thankyou also to all our parents who were able to communicate to Ofsted during the inspection – your positive comments and feedback were appreciated.