Earn £1200 – in 2020 with our paid programme.
Here’s how to apply.
Programme Dates: awaited
Programme Dates: awaited
Maths and Physics Paid Internships
We are delighted to offer Mathematics and Physics undergraduates the opportunity to earn £1200 in June/July 2020 on the Department for Education* Internship scheme to learn about teaching Maths and Physics at secondary school level.
To apply now – Contact Vanessa Scott – email@example.com / 0115 9824280
Current Mathematics, Physics & Engineering undergraduates who are in the penultimate year of their Bachelors or Masters degree can undertake a month-long paid internship at one of our Alliance schools this summer. If you are considering becoming a Maths or Physics teacher and would like to find out why it is such a fantastic career and receive a salary for 4 weeks before your summer break, apply now!
Alliance schools offering Intern placements are:
The Becket School, West Bridgford
The Trinity School, Nottingham
Christ the King School, Nottingham
All Saints’ Academy, Mansfield
St Benedict’s, Derby
St John Houghton, Ilkeston,
St Philip Howard, Glossop
St Bede’s, Scunthorpe
Our programme is aimed at undergraduates who are considering a future career in secondary education teaching Mathematics and/or Physics who wish to gain work experience in a successful secondary school.
The Becket School, Trinity School and Christ the King have a proven track record of delivering the Paid Internship Programme and provides a supportive and informative training experience for all successful applicants.
This is an excellent opportunity for you to gain experience of working in an outstanding teaching environment, whilst being paid.You will:
* Develop your subject knowledge and begin to explore how to teach your subject
* Observe and support outstanding teachers
* Be encouraged to start a reflective log which will support your application for initial Teacher Training (ITT) should you wish to apply
* Jointly plan and deliver lessons, and work with the Science and Maths team to develop new schemes of learning in line with new curriculum developments
* You will also be supported after the internship, in considering whether a career as a teacher is for you. If you decide it is, we will support you to prepare and make your teacher training application.
If you meet the eligibility criteria and would like to apply, please email an up-to-date copy of your CV along with a covering letter explaining why you are interested in taking part in the programme to Vanessa Scott : firstname.lastname@example.org
A member of our team will be in touch to discuss the application process and next steps.
Please click here for our Privacy Notices: