Train to Teach
We are committed to identifying, training and developing outstanding teachers of the future.
We are delighted that you are considering training with our Alliance and we would really like you to apply to join us. Providing a high level of care and support for our trainees is part of our ethos. Our places are open to all applicants who share our values and are passionate about supporting the learning of our students.
If you’re thinking of a career change to get into teaching, have a look at this video to hear from other people who have done it:
And hear why School Direct was great for this graduate:
Why train with The Nottingham Catholic Teaching School Alliance?
The Nottingham Catholic Teaching School Alliance is founded on the principle of collaboration and an absolute belief that by working together we can improve outcomes for all students in all of our schools. Our schools have a long record of partnership with our Higher Education partners in helping to train teachers. School Direct gives us the chance to select and train our own outstanding teachers of the future. If you choose to train with us you can expect:
- successful trainees will obtain a PGDE (Post Graduate Diploma in Education) and QTS (Qualified Teacher Status) by the end of the programme
- a programme that gives you four days a week in school and one day a week at University
- the chance to observe and work with outstanding teachers
- outstanding mentoring from an experienced and trained mentor
- a bespoke programme of support sessions
- a comprehensive induction programme
- a second school placement in a contrasting school
We are working in partnership with Nottingham Trent University who have huge experience in working with training teachers. All trainees who successfully complete the School Direct course with us will be recommended for Qualified Teacher Status and will gain a PGDE (Post Graduate Diploma in Education) with masters level credits. The University has a long history of Initial Teacher Education and we have worked together closely to develop a high quality programme based on experience, excellent Quality Assurance and a commitment to a high level of support for trainees.
For more information please see relevant sections on the website or contact Vanessa Scott at firstname.lastname@example.org