Key Stage 5
AS and A2 (Exam Board: AQA)
What do students study in lessons?
Unit 1: Cognitive, Developmental Psychology and research methods
- Models of memory and how memory works in everyday life.
- Explanations of attachment, the effects of institutionalisation on attachment and cultural variations.
- Research methods and techniques, investigation design, data analysis and presentation
Unit 2: Biological, Social Psychology and individual differences
- Stress as a bodily response and stress in everyday life
- Social influence, conformity and obedience, explanations of individual differences and implications for social change
- Defining and explaining abnormality, also looking at different therapies such as Biological and Psychological
Unit 3: Topics in Psychology
- Eating behaviour
- Biological rhythms and sleep
Unit 4: Psychopathology, Psychology in action and psychological research
- Schizophrenia or depression
- the psychology of addictive behaviour
- statistics and methods