We believe that every student should fulfil his or her potential and be well-informed when making subject and career decisions. Students are encouraged to develop high aspirations and consider a broad and ambitious range of careers.
At key transition points pupils will receive advice and guidance to help inspire them towards further study and enable them to make informed decisions whenever choices are open to them.
Students are given the opportunity to develop valuable employability skills, find out about different careers and given information to help them to understand where different choices can take them in the future. Students build on their understanding of the world of work during PSHCE sessions in each academic year. They also have the opportunity to find out about careers related to different subject areas in their classwork and by attending trips.
We have built strong links with local employers who offer work experience opportunities. Employers regularly come into school to talk to students about the different roles and opportunities available.
Careers-related opportunities include:
- National Careers Week activities for Year 7, 8 and 9
- Year 10 work experience week
- Year 10 enterprise challenge day
- Year 10 mock interview day
- Year 11 after school support with Post 16 applications
- Year 12 Careers week
- Visits to universities
- Workplace visits to local employers
- Regular assembly and lunchtime talks from colleges, universities and employers providing apprenticeships
- Individual one to one career meetings delivered by Futures.
- Online access to the Unifrog careers platform for KS4 and KS5 students
The careers programme is regularly monitored and evaluated using feedback from students, parents/guardians, teachers and employers.
Students, parents/guardians and employers are welcome to contact our Careers,Progress and UCAS Leader, Maria Whiteley with any enquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel: 0115 9824280
Click on the link for our Careers-and-Employability-Policy
Click on the link for Post 16 Options
Click on the link for Work Experience Information