Catch up Funding
The Year 7 Catch-Up Premium was introduced to be used by schools to provide literacy and numeracy catch-up support for Year 7 pupils. It will enable those pupils that did not achieve level 4 in reading and/or mathematics at Key Stage 2 to be given the opportunity to catch up as quickly as possible.
Overview of use of Funding:
The Becket School uses catch-up funding to deliver booster sessions in English and Maths in Year 7. We use springboard sessions in Maths and accelerated reader alongside extra intervention sessions in English.
The school continues to support those with the weakest Literacy and numeracy skills by withdrawing them from German in Years 8 and 9 and providing 1 hour a week numeracy and literacy support.
Catch Up Funding Statement
- The school received £6538 for catch up funding for 2018-2019
- Confirmation of the 2019-2020 funding level will be finalised Feb 2020
- Funding has been spent on supporting the LRC manager who provides support for students who are below a certain reading level
- Funding has also been spent on supporting the additional teaching groups that were introduced in Maths and English for Year 7.
- LRC Manager support – £1500
- English – £2519
- Maths – £2519
Evaluation of impact of intervention:
We evaluate the impact through our end of unit tests in English and Maths and by revisiting reading ages in English. The aim is that all students achieve the expected level. Where they do not, the intervention continues. If they do they are removed from the programme. Those who have missed German go to extra French.